1. (used to ask about a person or situation)
a. how is (present)
¿Qué tal el negocio familiar? Escuché que tienen problemas económicos.How is the family business? I heard you're having financial problems.
¿Qué tal tu madre? - Se encuentra mejor, pero debe guardar cama.How is your mother? - She's feeling better, but she must stay in bed.
b. how was (past)
¿Qué tal tu día? - Estuve muy ocupado con cosas del trabajo.How was your day? - I was very busy with work.
2. (used to make a suggestion)
a. what if
¿Qué tal si dejamos de quejarnos y comenzamos a resolver los problemas nosotros mismos?What if we stop whining and we start solving the problems by ourselves?
b. how about
Nuestro partido necesita más apoyo. - ¿Qué tal si nos aliamos a los conservadores?Our party needs more support. - How about forming a coalition with the conservatives?
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?