1. (tolling of bells)
a. death knell
La posa proveniente del campanario tapó el llanto desconsolado de la viuda.The death knell coming from the belfry covered up the widow's inconsolable weeping.
2. (pause made during a funeral procession)
Camino a la tumba, la procesión hizo una posa y el sacerdote cantó un responso.On the way to the tomb, the procession came to a stop and the priest intoned a prayer for the dead.
3. (old-fashioned) (anatomy)
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?