porque me gustaphrase
1. (it's to my taste)
2. (because I'm attracted to him or her; third person singular)
Voy a pedirle a Jorge que salga conmigo porque me gusta.I'm going to ask Jorge out because I like him.
Me sonrojo siempre que ella se acerca porque me gusta.I blush every time she comes close because I like her.
Ana cree que me hice amiga de ella porque me gusta su hermano, pero no es así.Ana thinks I became friends with her because I like her brother, but that's not the case.
3. (formal) (because I'm attracted to you; second person singular)
La verdad es que no lo invité a cenar para hablar del proyecto, sino porque me gusta.The truth is, I didn't take you out for dinner to talk about the project, but because I like you.
4. (because I enjoy)
Suelo pasar mis vacaciones en la costa porque me gusta nadar en el mar.I usually spend my vacation at the seaside because I like swimming in the sea.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?