1. (used to give a reason)
2. (for this reason; third person singular)
a. because he's (masculine)
Lo admiro por ser tan responsable.I admire him because he's very responsible.
b. because she's (feminine)
La quiero por ser la mejor confidente.I love her because she's the best confidante.
c. because it's
El celular está agotado por ser el mejor del mercado.The cellphone is sold out because it's the best on the market.
3. (for this reason; second person singular)
Me caes muy bien por ser tan simpático y amigable.I like you a lot because you're funny and friendly.
4. (for this reason; first person singular)
a. because I'm
Dicen que les caigo mal por ser egoísta.They say they don't like me because I'm selfish.
5. (for this reason; third person plural)
Les dieron un reconocimiento por ser los arquitectos más innovadores del país.They got an award because they're the most innovative architects in the country.
6. (for this reason; second person plural)
Los admiro por ser una gran pareja.I look up to you because you're a great couple.
7. (for this reason; first person plural)
Claudia y yo estamos seguras de que no nos contrataron por ser mujeres.Claudia and I are sure we weren't hired because we're women.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?