"pense" can be a verb. You can see the conjugations below.
pensar. 'pensar'. This verb means 'to think'. For example, 'trataba de pensar de dónde podría sacar el dinero' / 'He tried to think of where he could get some money'. Pensar.
1. to think
- pensar en algo/en alguien/en hacer algo -> to think about something/about somebody/about doing something
- piensa en un número/buen regalo -> think of a number/good present
- dar que pensar a alguien -> to give somebody food for thought
- no pienses mal… -> don't get the wrong idea…
- pensar mal de alguien -> to think badly o ill of somebody
2. to think about o over (reflexionar sobre)
- ahora que lo pienso,… -> come to think of it,…, now that I think about it…
- cuando menos lo pienses, te llamarán -> they'll call you when you least expect it
3. to think (opinar, creer)
- pensar algo de alguien/algo -> to think something of somebody/something
- pienso que no vendrá -> I don't think she'll come
4. to think up (idear)
5. (tener la intención de)
- pensar hacer algo -> to intend to do something
- no pienso decírtelo -> I have no intention of telling you
- ¿qué piensas hacer? -> what are you going to do?, what are you thinking of doing?
- ¡ni pensarlo! -> no way!, not a chance!
- pensarse algo -> to think about something, to think something over
- me ofrecieron el trabajo y no me lo pensé (dos veces) -> they offered me the job and I had no hesitation in accepting it
1. To think, to consider, to reflect, to cogitate, to meditate. (n)
2. To think, to imagine, to fancy, to muse. (n)
3. To think, to intend, to mean. (n)
4. To take into serious consideration; to weigh maturely. (n)
5. To feed cattle. (n)
- Sin pensar -> unexpectedly, thoughtlessly
- Pensar en -> to think of
- Pensar para sí -> to think to oneself
6. To think. (n)
7. To think over (problemas). (n)
8. Pensar + infin, to intend to. (n)
9. To think up (idea). (n)
- Lo pensó mejor -> she thought better of it
- Esto es para pensarlo -> this needs thinking about
1 (opinar) to think
¿qué piensas de ella? what do you think of her?; ¿qué piensas del aborto? what do you think about abortion?
pensar que to think that
—¿piensas que van a venir? —pienso que sí "do you think they'll come?" — "I think so"; dice que las mujeres no tendrían que trabajar, yo pienso que sí he says women shouldn't work, I think they should; yo pienso que no I don't think so
2 (considerar) to think about; think over
lo pensaré I'll think about it; I'll think it over; esto es para pensarlo this needs thinking about o careful consideration; lo pensó mejor she thought better of it; me pongo triste solo con pensarlo the mere thought of it makes me sad
pensándolo bien ... on second thoughts ...; on reflection ...
piénsalo bien antes de responder think carefully before you answer; ¡ni pensarlo! no way! (familiar)
pensar que to decide that; come to the conclusion that ...
he pensado que no vale la pena I've decided that it's not worth it; I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth it
4 (tener la intención de)
pensar hacer algo to intend to do sth
pienso seguir insistiendo I intend to keep on trying; no pensaba salir I wasn't intending o planning to go out; no pienso volver a Cuba I have no intention of going back to Cuba; no pienso decir nada I won't be saying anything
5 (concebir) to think up
¿quién pensó este plan? who thought this plan up?; whose idea was this plan?
1 (tener ideas) to think
eso me hace pensar that makes me think; quieren imponer su forma de pensar they want to impose their way of thinking
después de mucho pensar tuve una idea after much thought I had an idea
pensar en algo/algn to think about sth/sb
¿en qué piensas? what are you thinking about?; estaba pensando en ir al cine esta tarde I was thinking of going to the cinema this evening; solo piensa en pasarlo bien all he thinks about is having a good time; pienso mucho en ti I think about you a lot
pensar para sí to think to o.s.
dar que pensar
el hecho de que no llamara a la policía da que pensar the fact that she didn't call the police makes you think; un reportaje que da que pensar a thought-provoking article; dar que pensar a la gente to set people thinking; arouse suspicions
sin pensar without thinking
pensar sobre algo to think about sth
pensar con los pies
estás pensando con los pies you're not using your head
pensar bien de algo/algn to think well of sth/sb
pensar mal de algo/algn to think ill of sth/sb
¡no pienses mal! don't be nasty!; ¡siempre pensando mal! what a nasty mind you've got!
piensa mal y acertarás you can't trust anybody
What could we do to improve?