pedir posadaintransitive verb phrase
1. (to ask for accommodation)
Dos peregrinos aparecieron en la granja y pidieron posada para esa noche.Two pilgrims arrived at the farm and asked for lodging for the night.
Pedimos posada en una casita en el corazón del bosque.We asked for lodging in a little house in the heart of the forest.
2. (to go door-to-door asking for food and drink as part of the nine-day Posadas festival) (Mexico)
Las familias que pedían posada iban cantando canciones religiosas.The families who were celebrating the "Posadas" festival were singing religious songs.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?