1. (decoration made with tissue paper) (Mexico)
El papel picado se pone en los altares de muertos como representación del aire.Tissue paper with cut-out shapes is put on Day of the Dead altars to represent air.
Hay que comprar papel picado y una piñata para la fiesta.We need to buy tissue paper with cut-out shapes and a piñata for the party.
2. (torn-up pieces of paper)
Pegué el grito al cielo después de darme cuenta que el papel picado era la única copia de mi novela. I screamed to the heavens after realizing that the shredded paper was the only copy of my novel.
3. (small pieces of colored paper) (Cuba) (South America)
La novia trae el cabello lleno de papel picado.The bride's hair is full of confetti.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?