This word is almost always preceded by the definite article.
1. (colloquial) (reality) (Mexico)
a. the truth
A ver, ya dime la neta. Pedro te gusta, ¿verdad?Ok, just tell me the truth. You like Pedro, don't you?
b. honestly (adverb)
Neta, güey, esa chava no vale la pena.Honestly, dude, that girl's not worth it.
c. on the real (colloquial) (United States)
La neta, me choca que me digan "gringa".On the real, I hate when people call me "gringa."
2. (colloquial) (the most outstanding) (Mexico)
3. (colloquial) (the real thing) (Mexico)
¡No manches! Este café de olla es la neta.Holy crap! This coffee is the real deal.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?