morado, -a adjective purple (color)
- pasarlas moradas (informal figurative) to have a bad time of it (peninsular Spanish)
- las pasamos moradas para encontrar alojamiento (informal figurative) it was a nightmare finding somewhere to stay (peninsular Spanish)
- ponerse morado, -a (informal figurative) to stuff oneself (de comida) (peninsular Spanish)
- nos pusimos morados de cerveza we drank gallons of beer
- me puse morado, -a a bailar I did nothing but dance
terciopelo morado purple velvet; ojo morado black eye
pasarlas moradas to have a tough time of it
ponerse morado (de algo) to stuff one's face (with sth) (familiar)
Did this page answer your question?
Your feedback was sent. We appreciate your comments!