masculine or feminine noun
1. shoeshine (informal) (limpiabotas), bootblack (British)
1. Cleansing, freeing from dirt. (f)
2. Dredging of harbors. (f)
3. A certain tax paid by ships in harbors where dredging is required. (f)
4. Weeding, cleaning. (Agriculture & Ante Meridian & Central America & gram & Mexico) (m)
5. Boot-black. (m)
1. Clean, free from stain; cleanly, limpid.
2. Neat (ordenado), elegant.
3. Pure: applied to families unconnected with Moors or Jews.
4. Pure, unmingled (maíz).
5. Pure (agua), free, clear (despejado).
6. Clear of all charges, net.
7. Pure (moralmente); honest (honrado); fair (juego).
8. Alone (solo).
9. Estar limpio, Not to know a single thing.
- Jugar limpio -> to deal fair, to act uprightly
- Poner en limpio -> to make a fair copy
- Tierra limpia -> even, flat country
- Costa limpia -> (Naut.) clear coast, without shoals, sand-banks, or shallows
- En limpio -> in substance; net price; clearly
- Más limpio que el oro -> as clean as can be
- 50 dólares de ganancia limpia -> 50 dollars of clear profit
- Luchar a puñetazo limpio -> to fight with bare fists
10. Fair, clean.
11. En limpio, clearly. (m)
- No pude sacar nada en limpio -> I couldn't make anything of it
What could we do to improve?