Showing results for les
. Search instead for leslie
1. (third person plural; indirect object)
Les dije que ibamos a ir al cine.I told them we were going to go to the movies.
Les devolví los libros ayer.I gave the books back to them yesterday.
2. (third person plural; direct object) (Spain)
Vi a unos niños haciendo fuego en un solar. - ¿Puedes describirles?I saw some boys light a fire in a vacant lot. - Can you describe them?
3. (second person plural; indirect object) (Latin America)
¡Hola, niños! ¿Qué les trajo Papá Noel?Hi, kids! What did Santa bring you?
Ya les di a ustedes los boletos ayer.I already gave the tickets to you yesterday.
4. (formal) (second person plural; direct object) (Spain)
Alicia irá con ustedes para familiarizarles con nuestras instalaciones.Alicia will accompany you to familiarize you with our facilities.
les pronoun personal plural
se is used instead of les when it is used as an indirect object pronoun before lo, la, los, las (se lo dije I said it to them; dáselo give it to them).
(complemento indirecto) (to) them (ellos)
; (to) you (ustedes)
- les expliqué el motivo I explained the reason to them
- les tengo miedo I'm afraid of them
- ya les dije lo que pasaría I told you what would happen (a ustedes)
(complemento directo) them (ellos) (peninsular Spanish); you (ustedes)
1 (directo) (a ellos, ellas) them; (a ustedes) you 2 (indirecto) (a ellos, ellas) (to) them; (a ustedes) (to) you
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
Did this page answer your question?