le. 'le'. This pronoun means '[3rd person] (indir obj)'. For example, 'nunca le dijo la verdad' / 'She never told him the truth'. Le.
se is used instead of le when it is used as an indirect object pronoun before lo, la, los or las (e.g. se lo dije I said it to him/her; dáselos give them to him/her).
1. (complemento indirecto) (to) him (hombre) ; (to) her (mujer) ; to it (cosa) ; to you (usted)
- le expliqué el motivo -> I explained the reason to him/her
- le tengo miedo -> I'm afraid of him/her
- ya le dije lo que pasaría -> I told you what would happen (a usted)
2. (complemento directo) him (peninsular Spanish); you (usted)
1. Him or her, to him, to her, dat.
- No le veo, I don’t see him. Le hablé, -> spoke to him
- Le he comprado esto -> I bought this for him
- No se le conoce otra obra, no other work of his is known. Yo le dije, -> told him/her
and accus. sing. of the personal pronoun él, he or it; and of its feminine, ella, she.
2 (indirecto) (a él, ella) (to) him; (to) her; (to) it; (a usted) (to) you
le hablé I spoke to him; I spoke to her; quiero darle esto I want to give you this; le he comprado esto I bought this for you; una de las mejores actuaciones que le hemos visto one of the best performances we have seen from him; no se le conoce otra obra no other work of his is known
What could we do to improve?