las is the plural form of la.
1. (plural; indicating something specific)
¡Un aplauso para las ganadoras!Let's give the winners a big hand!
¡Mira lo que has hecho! ¡Has roto las sillas!Look at what you did! You broke the chairs!
2. (plural; when noun missing)
a. the ones
He picado unas cebollas. Eché las que estaban podridas.I chopped up some onions. I threw out the ones that were rotten.
¡Qué lindas chompas! Me gustan las verdes.What nice sweaters! I like the green ones.
3. (plural; indicating something in general)pronoun
4. (third person plural)
a. them (feminine direct object)
¿Has visto mis llaves? Las dejé aquí en la mesa.Have you seen my keys? I left them here on the table.
5. (second person plural) (Latin America)
a. you (feminine direct object)
Chicas, las vi pasar el otro día, pero no tuve tiempo para saludarlas.Hey girls, I saw you go past the other day, but I didn't have time to say hello.
Phrases with "las"
Here are the most popular phrases with "las." Click the phrases to see the full entry.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?