1. yo (usually omitted, except for contrast)
- I'm Scottish -> soy escocés
- I haven't got it! -> ¡yo no lo tengo!
- it was I who did it (Formal) -> yo fui el que lo hizo
1. Yo: el pronombre yo se escribe siempre con letra mayúscula I.
pronoun:personal(emphatic, to avoid ambiguity) yo
I'm not one to exaggerate yo no soy de los que exageran; it is I who ... soy yo quien ...; he was frightened but I wasn't él estaba asustado pero yo no; if I were you yo que tú; Ann and I Ann y yo; he is taller than I am es más alto que yo
Don't translate the subject pronoun when not emphasizing or clarifying:
I've got an idea tengo una idea; I'll go and see voy a ver
1. I, i (letra)
the third of the Spanish vowels called the Latin i, to distinguish it from they y called Greek.I in Spanish is sounded like the English e in even, or i in idiotism. As a numeral, it stands for one. In chemistry, it is the symbol for iodine.
(letra) I; i
I griega Y; y
What could we do to improve?