1. (he, she, or it is unhappy; third person singular)
a. he's sad (masculine)
¿Qué le pasa a tu hermano? - Está triste porque lo dejó su novia.What's wrong with your brother? - He's sad because his girlfriend dumped him.
b. she's sad (feminine)
¿Hablaste con Andrea? Está triste porque murió su gato.Did you talk to Andrea? She's said because he cat died.
c. it's sad
Mira el mono en la jaula. ¿Crees que está triste?Look at the monkey in the cage. Do you think it's sad?
2. (formal) (you are unhappy; second person singular)
a. you're sad
Si está triste, no dude en llamarme.If you're said, don't hesitate to give me a call.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?