1. spur (de ave)
2. buttress (architecture)
1. Spur, the sharp point on the legs of a cock (gallo). (m)
2. The acute angle of the pier of a stone bridge, to break the force of the current. (m)
3. Stay, prop. (Architecture) (m)
4. The ram of a man-of-war. (Nautical) (m)
5. Fender-beam, knee of the head, a curve which is put upon vessels which lack a cut water, in order to fit the bowsprit to it. (Nautical) (m)
6. Part of a causeway or dock which juts into the sea 7. (m)
(Fort.) Kind of a salient angle.
What could we do to improve?