This word may begin with a lowercase letter in the senses shown in 1), 5), 6), 7), and 8).
1. (a creolized language that is the native language of a speech community)
2. (Haitian Creole language)
3. (Louisiana Creole language)
4. (person of French descent born in Louisiana) (United States)
5. (person of European descent born in the West Indies or Latin America)
6. (person of African American and French or Spanish descent)adjective
7. (of creole origin)
Many creole languages are spoken in the Caribbean.Muchas lenguas criollas se hablan en el Caribe.
8. (of Creole origin)
Crawfish is a popular ingredient in Creole cooking.El cangrejo de río es un ingrediente popular en la cocina criolla.
a. el criollo (M)
7 Effortless Ways to Practice Your Spanish
10 Slang Words to Know Before Traveling to Chile
10 Spanish Words with Arabic Origin
View More Posts
10 Spanish Sayings with No English Equivalents
Did this page answer your question?