cool downintransitive verb phrase
1. (to become cooler)
Switch off the ignition and let the engine cool down before checking the oil level.Apaga el motor y deja que se enfríe antes de chequear el nivel del aceite.
The weather was so hot we had to keep jumping in the pool to cool down.Hacía tanto calor que tuvimos que tirarnos a la piscina a cada rato para refrescarnos.
2. (to become calmer)transitive verb phrase
Once he's cooled down, he'll realize he made a mistake and he'll apologize.Una vez que se haya calmado, se dará cuenta de que se equivocó y pedirá disculpas.
3. (to cause to become cooler)
I blew on my soup to cool it down.Soplé mi sopa para enfriarla.
4. (to cause to become calmer)
They started punching each other, but we managed to separate them and cool them down.Empezaron a pegarse, pero logramos separarlos y calmarlos.
cool downtransitive verb phrase
1. (general)intransitive verb
a. no direct translation
this will c you downesto te refrescará
a. enfriarse (un poco)
4. (become calm)
a. calmarse, tranquilizarse
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?