el contraste. 'el contraste'. This masculine noun means 'contrast'. For example, 'el contraste entre ambas hermanas era profundo y visible' / 'The contrast between both sisters was profound and visible'. El contraste.
- en contraste con -> in contrast with o to; (a diferencia de) in comparison with (comparado con)
1. Assayer of the mint. (m)
2. Assayer’s office where gold and silver are tried and marked. (m)
3. Assayer of weights and measures. (m)
4. A public office where raw silk is weighed. (Province; Provinicial) (m)
5. Counterview contrast, a position in which two dissimilar things illustrate each other. (m)
- Hacer contrastar con -> to contrast with
6. Opposition and strife between persons and things. (m)
7. Contrast, opposition and dissimilitude of figures. (m)
8. (Nat.) Sudden change of the wind, by which it becomes foul or contrary. (m)
1 (oposición) contrast
en contraste con in contrast to; por contraste in contrast; hacer contraste con to contrast with
contraste de pareceres difference of opinion
What could we do to improve?