la cintura. 'la cintura'. This feminine noun means 'waist'. For example, 'este vestido me queda grande de cintura' / 'This dress is too big for me around the waist'. La cintura.
- meter en cintura (informal figurative) -> to bring under control
- cintura de avispa -> wasp waist
1. The waist. (f)
- Cintura de avispa -> wasp waist
2. Small girdle for the waist. (f)
- Meter en cintura -> (Met.) To keep one in a state of subjection
3. Narrow part of a chimney. (f)
1 (Anatomía) waist
me rodeó la cintura con los brazos she put her arms around my waist; tiene poca cintura she has a slim waist; tengo 76cm de cintura my waist (measurement) is 76cm; de cintura para abajo from the waist down
con la dieta redujo unos centímetros de cintura with his diet he reduced his waistline by a few centimetres; with his diet he took a few centimetres off his waistline
cintura de avispa wasp waist
What could we do to improve?