canis is the plural form of cañí.
1. (colloquial) (related to folk Spain) (Spain)
Mi abuelo dice que ya nada se parece a la España cañí que él conoció.My grandfather says that nothing resembles the traditional Spain that he knew.
2. (of Romany origin)masculine or feminine noun
Emigró mucha gente de origen cañí.Many people of gypsy origin emigrated.
Los cañís llevaron su música y danza a varios pueblos de Europa.The gypsies took their music and dance to many towns in Europe.
a. term used to describe the traditional folklore and values of Spain
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?