1. (colloquial) (plump-cheeked) (Latin America)
El niño cachetón que está en esa cuna pesó cinco kilos al nacer.The chubby-cheeked baby who is in that crib weighted 11 pounds when he was born.
Su novia es una de esas mujeres cachetonas y risueñas que gustan a todo el mundo.His girlfriend is one of those plump-cheeked and cheerful women who everybody likes.
2. (colloquial) (haughty) (Chile)masculine noun
a. cocky (colloquial)
Jaime es muy cachetón. Parece que esté enamorado de sí mismo.Jaime is very cocky. He seems to be in love with himself.
b. bigheaded (colloquial)
Mi amiga Julia es tan cachetona que se cree que todos los hombres están locos por ella.My friend Julia is so bigheaded she thinks all men are crazy about her.
3. (blow in the face)
Cuando el niño tiró el juguete al suelo por quinta vez, su madre le dio un cachetón.When the child threw his toy on the ground for the fith time, his mother gave him a slap in the face.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?