1. biretta (eclesiástico); mortarboard (universitario)
1. Bonnet or cap used by clergymen, collegians, and doctors or professors of the universities. (m)
2. Secular clergyman who wears a bonnet, in contradistinction to a monk who wears a hood or cowl. (m)
3. Bonnet, a kind of outworks of a fortress. (m)
- Tirarse los bonetes, to pull caps. Bravo or gran bonete -> great dunce
4. Widemouthed vial for conserves. (Obsolete) (m)
5. Second stomach, reticulum, of ruminants. (m)
6. Not on your life! (Ante Meridian & Central America) (m)
- A tente bonete -> insistently
, no way.
(Religión) biretta; (Univ) mortarboard
¡bonete! (Centroamérica) not on your life!; no way! (familiar)
a tente bonete doggedly; insistently
What could we do to improve?