1. (occupation)masculine or feminine noun
Si necesitas peluquearte o rasurarte, mi barbero tiene buenos precios.If you need a haircut or a shave, my barber has good prices.
2. (colloquial) (brown-noser) (Mexico)
a. suck-up (colloquial)
Esa barbera siempre le ha dicho a cada uno de sus maestros que su clase es su favorita.That suck-up has told each one of her teachers that their class is her favorite.
b. bootlicker (colloquial)
El jefe solo promueve a los barberos; como yo no lo adulo, no me asciende.My boss only promotes the bootlickers; since I don't fawn over him, he doesn't promote me.
Es una barbera y por eso es la consentida de la profesora.She is a flatterer and that's why she is the teacher's pet.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?