This word may also be spelled "achachai."
1. (colloquial) (used to express a feeling of cold) (Andes)
a. Brrr! (colloquial)
¡Achachay! Prende la calefacción, que hace frío aquí.Brrr! Turn on the heater; it's cold in here!
Sí que hace frío en Quito hoy. ¡Achachay!It sure is cold in Quito today. Brrr!
b. I'm cold!
¡Achachay! ¿Me pasas la chompa que está allí?I'm cold! Can you pass me that sweatshirt over there?
c. It's cold!
¡Achachay! Cierra la ventana para que no escape el calor.It's cold! Close the window so the heat doesn't escape.
2. (colloquial) (used to express fear) (Peru)
¡Achachay! Esa araña es enorme.Ah! That spider is enormous.
We've combined the most accurate English to Spanish translations, dictionary, verb conjugations, and Spanish to English translators into one very powerful search box.
- Spanish DictionaryFeaturing more than 1 million translations
- Spanish TranslatorQuick and easy results from 3 translators
- Verb ConjugationsConjugations for every Spanish verb
Did this page answer your question?