Pensamientos'? | SpanishDict Answers

Ha oído cualquiera de este sitio? Quería comentarios. Gracias!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/index.shtml

Has anyone heard of this site? I wanted feedback. Thanks!

HI Jason, there were several sites recommended here.

http://www.spanishdict.com/answers/show/9476/

I don't know a lot about it, but I have it stored in my Favorites under Spanish learning, after it received a couple of recommendations by SpanishDict.com forers.

Me gusta el sitio web "BBC Languages." Recommendo especialmente el vídeo interactivo "Mi Vida Loca." Hay mucho recursos en línea y, por supuesto, SpanishDict.com es uno de los mejores.

Juan

Don't worry, Jason. I don't think anyone can question your loyalty to SpanishDict.com. Besides, this is not a "captive" site, and nobody here thinks this is the only place one can learn. We are free to mention and recommend other good resources here.

Please be sure to let us know what you think. People always ask me for recommendations, and I really don't have many to give them, or know what to tell them about a particular site, whether it is good or bad.

So consider yourself our official investigative reporter to discover the in's and out's of the BBC program.

I'm going to explore it a bit and see what it has to offer. Just in case anybody reading this is wondering (probably not but...) I AM NOT LEAVING THIS SITE. Even though I am new I want others to know that this site in the minimal time I have been here has helped me tremendously and I look forward in learning more from this site!!

Voy a explorar un poco y ver lo que tiene para ofrecer. Por si acaso cualquiera leyendo esto se pregunta (probablemente no pero. ..) Soy no SALIR DE ESTE SITIO. Aunque soy nuevo quiero conocer a otros a que este sitio en el mínimo tiempo que he estado aquí me ha ayudado enormemente y espero en aprender más de este sitio!

You messed that part up. Spanish doesn't put the not after the verb. No estoy saliendo... (No me voy)

Aunque soy nuevo quiero que otros conozcan que...

Voy a explorar un poco y ver lo que tiene para ofrecer. Por si acaso cualquiera leyendo esto se pregunta (probablemente no pero. ..) No soy SALIR DE ESTE SITIO. Aunque soy nuevo quiero conocer a otros a que este sitio en el mínimo tiempo que he estado aquí me ha ayudado enormemente y espero en aprender más de este sitio!

Brain don't fail me now!! Ok, I will take this endeavor on and make attempts to write about it. wink

El cerebro no me falla ahora!! Bueno, tomaré esta tentativa y tentativas de marca para escribir acerca de ello.

You're getting pretty good, Quentin. When are you going to start posting in Spanish'

Thanks Quentin. Muchas Gracias!

The BBC is a good site.
But have a look at this one for learning English from Spanish.
http://www.ompersonal.com.ar/ Awesome in some respects.

You're getting pretty good, Quentin. When are you going to start posting in Spanish'WEEEEEELLLLLLL SAID ROCCO!!!!

I have been pestering Quentin for months about this! And I can only repeat: In using a language you simply can't be shy, you MUST use it!

Quentin, let's have a snack in our dunce corner..let's see if I can convince you. wink

In order to learn (or in my case, continue learning), we have to lower our pride and stick our neck out there. The only way to really learn something is to attempt, see your faults, apply the correction, and repeat the process again.

This forum is a comfortable environment in which to do this. Most people are friendly here, and correction is almost always offered in the right spirit (helpfulness). So we need to put our ideas/attempts out there so we can see where they are wrong, or have them reinforced by being confirmed right.

Many times we are afraid to post something we're not sure about, because we don't want to be embarrassed if it's wrong. So we either don't post, or alter it to something we are sure about. I was just thinking the other day that I need to stretch my boundaries and post more in Spanish here, pushing myself beyond my "comfort zone," so I can learn/become more comfortable in those "gray areas". Again, this is a safe environment in which to do this, because not many people here know each other personally, and it is only our "screen name" reputation that could "suffer" if somebody discovers that we are not perfect. I don't know about most people, but I don't have anywhere else I can go to get help and correction with my Spanish, to make it better.

With that said, I hope the new SpanishDict voting system is set up in such a way that it won't penalize people for making an attempt, and thereby discourage them from trying, for fear of losing reputation points.

Yo no podría concordar más! Intentaré mucho más!

Note the marked silence on the part of Quentin since this post. smirk

I don't know Quentin but I'll place my money on the fact that he is in deep thought about it!! smile You-all, on this site, seemed to be so willing to help (in my limited experience) and I appreciate it. wink