haya hecho... | SpanishDict Answers

I'm sure this is a child-like question but it's been bugging me. I figured the only dumb question, when learning, is the one you don't ask so...
Can I use the phrase: "Que (accent over the "e" of course) haya hecho'" for: "What have you done'" or is there another phrase people can give me. Thanks and I appreciate all the direction and guidance this site holds!! I hope to be around for awhile learning and interacting. smile

• I love that - 'the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.' :) - galsally Nov 6, 2010 flag
  • Your questions are the same as what other people are thinking, but weree afraid to ask. - --Mariana-- Nov 6, 2010 flag

Can I use the phrase: "Que (accent over the "e" of course) haya hecho'" for: "What have you done'" or is there another phrase people can give me.

No, you can't, you are making it more complicated than it should be. Just use indicative:

¿Qué has hecho?

Subjunctive forms (such as "haya hecho") must be used for typical subjunctive uses. See some older threads about this mood, but in general, it is used when you use subordinate clauses (several separeted verbs in the same sentences).

Thanks for the answer lazarus. I cannot, for the life of me, get the punctuation in spanish on my computer. I've tried to change it through the control panel as well as using the codes but... :( Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts and help. Have a great night.

I cannot, for the life of me, get the punctuation in spanish on my computer.

Can you use MS Word to draft your posts (with accents) and then cut and paste it where you want it?

And..have you seen this thread?
http://www.spanishdict.com/answers/show/5273/

I have not seen the thread and will look at it. As for my MS docs-- I am unable to use that as well. I will keep plugging away at it!! Thanks. smile

I have not seen the thread and will look at it. As for my MS docs-- I am unabl to use that as well. I will keep plugging away at it!! Thanks. smile

If you have a desktop computor, surely you can buy a remote spanish keyboard
and they don't cost much then you would have two keyboards one for english
and one for spanish however the spanish one would serve for both languages
you just wouldn't have english pound signs and things like that and your @
would be in a different place of course if you have a laptop you are stuck
with the keyboard you have, no even with a laptop u can use remote in USB
socket, it would save all this entering code business just to type a simple
character. If you are in a non spanish speaking country you may find it
difficult to buy one perhaps you could order one though.Regards Ken.

Jason, just type what you're trying to say in microsoft word, when u need accents, go up the the insert button, then look for the button that says symbols,click it and change the subset scroll to latin-1. then scroll down the list, there are accented letters in there. Although this requires you to do it for each time you need the symbol, and takes some time, it is useful.

Ani

Ken and LatinaPunkRocker-- gracias por su información. Voy a seguir intentando. No puedo esperar para saber más! Es un gran lugar para aprender.

Hey Jason,

One of the best things I ever did was install the little program recommended by Moe here, I'll bump up the original thread too!

You need to save it to your desktop and run it every time you start your pc (if you're intending to write in Spanish of course!) but it's so fast and then all those problems are solved. smile

Vikingo's Spanish.exe

Galsally,
Thanks for the information but this, actually---tear, tear---, was one of my very first threads on SpanishDict. I've been writing in spanish with accents ever since. smile You are getting a vote for the effort!!! Tengas un buen día chica.

Gotta luv a Mac smile I just have to hold the option key down, press the 'e' and then which ever letter I want an accent on and voilà I have it smile (actually that was option+' e as I needed the grave that time, being French and all!