I am trying to type in an english word and hear it translated into spanish. I tried to do that on the dictionary from english to spanish but it only pulls up the english word and pronounces the english word. I want the english word typed in and then pronounced in the spanish word. Where do I need to go for that? Thanks smile

Good afternoon, Evangelist. Welcome to the forums.

This thread would be better placed in the Website Questions and Feedback forum, since it does not pertain to Vocabulary or Grammar.

To hear the pronunciation of the Spanish word, you must either type in that Spanish word from the list of translations and click Translate Word, or just double-click the Spanish word you want to hear, which will open it in a new window.

Then you can click the speaker icon to hear the pronunciation.

You won't ever find such a thing. If you type in an English word how would it know which Spanish word to pronounce as there will probably be several synonyms listed depending on context. There is not a one to one correspondence between Spanish and English words.
However, if you want to create a one to one relationship so that you can hear the word that you most associate with the English word then go to the Vocabulary list section and create a list of English and Spanish words.

I don't know about anything like that on this website but I've found another that does what I think you are looking for. http://translate.google.com/ You can translate from English to Spanish and visa versa. If you want to hear a word pronounce just click the speaker icon in the bottom right of the box corresponding with the correct language. God bless smile