1

I've been playing "My Spanish Coach" for the Nintendo DS, hoping the game, along with the lessons here will help me understand.

It says:
Thank you = Muchas Gracias
Thank you very much = Muchísimas Gracias

Is Muchísimas Gracias "thank you very much"?

I always though just regular "Gracias" was "Thank you" also.

1

I've been playing "My Spanish Coach" for the Nintendo DS, hoping the game, along with the lessons here will help me understand.I think playing games is a wonderful idea. It will help you associate words and they normally stay put in your memory.

It says:

Thank you = Muchas Gracias

You are quite right, this is just a matter of appreciation.

However:

I have sometimes heard, muchisísimas gracias. But that is certainly not standard.

• Apr 16, 2009
  • Gracias, Heidi. Eres muy buena - Fidalgo Feb 7, 2010
  • Quiero votarte - Fidalgo Feb 7, 2010
0

I would say just 'gracias' is 'thank you' too. Maybe they're using 'very much' for 'muchísimas' because of the adverb 'very' but I don't know why they translated 'muchas gracias' as 'thank you'.

• Apr 16, 2009
0

Yeah, it helps learning through mini-games but some of the things they say are a little confusing.

• Apr 16, 2009
0

gracias= thanks
muchas gracias= thank you
muchisimas gracias= thank you very much
muchisisimas gracias= thank you very very much

• Apr 16, 2009
0

I'm just giving examples and trying to create comparisons between the languages. Muchisisimas gracias is a very eloquent and grateful way of saying thank you in Spanish. Some cultures use it more than others.

• Apr 16, 2009
0

Yeah, the game helps me remember but does a horrible job at explaining especially with verbs. It tends to just throw things out there and say "this is this" and thats it.

• Apr 17, 2009