I've been playing "My Spanish Coach" for the Nintendo DS, hoping the game, along with the lessons here will help me understand.

It says:
Thank you = Muchas Gracias
Thank you very much = Muchísimas Gracias

Is Muchísimas Gracias "thank you very much"?

I always though just regular "Gracias" was "Thank you" also.

I've been playing "My Spanish Coach" for the Nintendo DS, hoping the game, along with the lessons here will help me understand.I think playing games is a wonderful idea. It will help you associate words and they normally stay put in your memory.

It says:

Thank you = Muchas Gracias

You are quite right, this is just a matter of appreciation.

However:

I have sometimes heard, muchisísimas gracias. But that is certainly not standard.

I would say just 'gracias' is 'thank you' too. Maybe they're using 'very much' for 'muchísimas' because of the adverb 'very' but I don't know why they translated 'muchas gracias' as 'thank you'.

Yeah, it helps learning through mini-games but some of the things they say are a little confusing.

gracias= thanks
muchas gracias= thank you
muchisimas gracias= thank you very much
muchisisimas gracias= thank you very very much

I'm just giving examples and trying to create comparisons between the languages. Muchisisimas gracias is a very eloquent and grateful way of saying thank you in Spanish. Some cultures use it more than others.

Yeah, the game helps me remember but does a horrible job at explaining especially with verbs. It tends to just throw things out there and say "this is this" and thats it.