What is the correct why to say "give me" in spanish? | SpanishDict Answers

I am confessed with the simple phase- Give me.

Is it Deme( with the accent mark over the first e), or Dame, or Darme ?

Do you use the Presente de subjuntivo (subjunctive) de + me or the presente de indicticativo da + me or the infinitive dar +me? and why?

Example: Give me five dollars of gas. How would I say this in spanish?

Please help

Deme is not written any more with an accent, and in most countries is considered polite or formal. It uses the third person of the present subjunctive, "dé" (he may give), which then loses the accent.
Dame is informal in most countries. It uses the third person singular of the present indicative, "da" (he gives).
Darme is incorrect as imperative, but it is used in other constructions, when it is supported by another verb.

It depends on who you are talking to and the country you are in. It could be in the Ud, Tu, Vos, Vosotros, Uds. forms. Who are you talking to when you ask that question, and what country are you in? (Vos is almost exclusively used in Argentina, but is in usage in other Latin American countries).

As you are unlikely to know the attendant I would use the formal "deme cinco dólares de gasolina"

"DAME" IS THE CORRECT STRAIGHTFORWARD PHRASE.

DAME CINCO DOLARES DE GASOLINA.

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON MY FRIEND.

One ask for gasoline in litters not dollars.

Erick Villagomez said:

"DAME" IS THE CORRECT STRAIGHTFORWARD PHRASE.DAME CINCO DOLARES DE GASOLINA.HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON MY FRIEND.

>

Gus said:

Hi Gus
Only one "L" in liters. Why don't you spell it the correctly, ie "litres", just as we do over here, hehe

Here's the bottom line. Either "deme" or "dame" is correct, depending on the circumstances. Eddy suggested that you use the formal "deme" since you're not likely to know the attendant. He's correct, in some areas. Here in Colombia, a customer is more likely to use the familiar "dame" to an attendant, waiter, or service provider. Also the response will also likely be in the familiar. Here in Colombia, the familiar seems to be simply considered a friendly way to talk to each other.

CalvoViejo said:

Hi calvo
Here's my problem. I first learnt Spanish thirty five ago when the rule regarding "tutear" was a lot more rigid, hehe

DAME CINCO DOLARES DE GASOLINA.

We do ask for gas like this quite often actually.

ÿcheme 20'.

My wife,who is from Mexico agrees with you.

Heidita said:

DAME CINCO DOLARES DE GASOLINA.We do ask for gas like this quite often actually.ÿcheme 20'.

>

Also:

Póngame 5 dólares.

I'd never say "Deme 5 dólares de gasolina".