Eres Europa | SpanishDict Answers

Eres Europa
Yo se que las palabras literalmente significa " Your Europe" Pero I was told this after a conversation that began with someone telling me that I was really pretty, "super bella sirena" So what exactly does "Eres Europa" intail'

First, "eres" does NOT mean "your." It means "you are," which can be abbreviated as "you're." (And while I'm at it, the spelling is "entail.")

I have never heard Europa used in this way (although when it comes to slang, anything is possible). Are you sure it wasn't "Eres de Europa" or "Eres europea."

Nope it was "Eres Europa" Sorry!

I know because it was in an email.

LAtINaPunKROcKerAConFundidA said:

Nope it was "Eres Europa" Sorry!

Well, there's the Europa who was carried off by Zeus (in Greek mythology). Presumably she was pretty (since one must suppose that Zeus could choose anyone he wanted [and he often did]).

That would make sense! Graz!

La Podenquera said:

Well done Samdie : D The question is though how many young men do you know who knows that myth ; )
At least one (but he didn't make the connection right away).

You see it is this guy from work, he doesn't speak English, so after work we talk in Spanish, and a few weeks ago I gave him my email. Now he sends me messages all the time. Yesterday he made that comment and I was a bit confused as to the meaning. I think, no- I know that he likes me, but who would really say something like that if that is what it really means'

LAtINaPunKROcKerAConFundidA said:

You see it is this guy from work, he doesn't speak English, so after work we talk in Spanish, and a few weeks ago I gave him my email. Now he sends me messages all the time. Yesterday he made that comment and I was a bit confused as to the meaning. I think, no- I know that he likes me, but who would really say something like that if that is what it really means?

I suggested it because it's the only famous Europa that I know of (the theme has also been depicted by several well known painters). However, I have no way of knowing if that's what he was referring to (and, if it was, it seems an odd comment to me).

who would really say something like that if that is what it really means'

I can't see how there is any other possibility. Maybe he's a well read guy. On the other hand, you might want to clarify his intentions, because Zeus was so taken by Europa's beauty that he decided to seduce, or ravish, her, which is a nice way of saying he kidnapped and raped her. Gods could do that sort of thing back then.

He's probably just wooing you.

Well, thanks for all your help. I guess I better figure out exactly what he was getting at by asking him directly. Thanks though!

I dont know but. i like your monicker.

It comes from Homers famous poem "lliad". Europa was tricked, carried off and seduced. wink wink.

La Podenquera said:

Well done Samdie : DThe question is though how many young men do you know who knows that myth ; )

>

We all had to read the Illiad in High School in Montgomery County Maryland

Gus said:

I thought everyone had to read it at some time (even down south [hu hu, or whatever the southern version of "ho, ho" would be]).

thought everyone had to read it at some time (even down south [hu hu, or whatever the southern version of "ho, ho" would be]).
?
jo,jo,joNnorthern American Englsih
ji,ji , or ja,ja Spanish

he haw southern American Englsih