chozno and bisnieto | SpanishDict Answers

Do the words "chozno" and "bisnieto" mean the same thing'

HI Mary, they obviously do, but I had not knowledge of "chozno", I thought it was a mistake, but it appears in the dictionary. I am interested to know where it is used.

chozno [choth'-no]
noun
1. Great-grandchild. (m)

chozno, na.

(De or. inc.).

1. m. y f. Nieto en cuarta generación, hijo del tataranieto.

Real Academia Española © Todos los derechos reservados
tataranieto, ta.

(De tras y el ant. trasnieto).

1. m. y f. Tercer nieto, el cual tiene el cuarto grado de consanguinidad en la línea recta descendente.

tataranieto

Apparently a great-great-great grandson or grandaughter.

Quentin said:

chozno, na.

(De or. inc.).

Which would then be like: tataratataranieto...jejeje

Which sounds like taratartaratarataratartaaaaaaaaaaaaa-nieto, "el nieto trompeta" con otras palabras, jejeje

Thank you, Heidita.

I was discussing our family genealogy with a person from Mexico and he used the word "chozno". I did find it in the dictionary and it meant "bisnieto". Then i used it when discussing family while in Mexico and realized that others were not sure what I meant. My conclusion is that in Mexico and here we use "bisnieto" while perhaps in Spain and elsewhere "chozno" is more common. Do you think this may be correct'Again, thanks. Mary

HI mary, I actually did not even know the word chozno, I was surprised to find it in the dictionary. so the use must be Mexican. And they probably use it as bisnieto, even though the definition says otherwisesmile