4

Hi... My hubby and I were watching a program and there was a guy with the nickname of "El Cocha". In looking up the word, we see that it means "old man". Question--is this a possible nickname for a Senior (like Jr) or is simply as if he is getting called an old man (like someone's old man or being old in age? In this case, the guy was under 30)

1

Hi, not used in Spain.

• Jan 6, 2009
1

maybe he was born in Cochabamba

• Oct 29, 2010
1

Well, in Mexican Spanish (Southern to be more precise) it's a vulgar term that really has no English equivalent.

As far as other regions, I've read in Peru it's used for what you mention:

cocho: padre (madre: cocha) father/mother

• Apr 23, 2012
0

coche means car in Mexico as a well as auto-
In Guatemala coche means pig. I guess you call call someone, Pig o señor Coche ,but if the guy is pretty big or strong and mean, it is better to call him Mr. Pig o el señor Ccoche with a capital P or a capital C.

• Jan 6, 2009
0

After a profund and near mystich meditation, I think that you all might mean Concha which is a nick name for Consuelo or Connie.

• Jan 6, 2009
0

El cocho means father in Spanish

• Apr 23, 2012
0

"el cocho" does not mean father or car it a word that in guerrero say and it means a lot of thing or that you from guerrero.

• Sep 20, 2013
0

Its a term thats used in the state of Guerrero, Mexico. Its used between friends. Lets say that i was from Guerrero and i saw a friend. I would say: Que onda cocho?