How do I say "peace be with you"? | SpanishDict Answers

How do I say "peace be with you"? I need to know because I'm going to start altar serving at spanish mass to learn spanish better, and I don't want to make a mistake.

'latin american form only please'

why dont you check your page?
"be peace with you" = "que la paz este contigo"

'latin american form only please'

Why do people think that in (Latin) America there is one kind of Spanish and in Spain there is another completely different? There are more differences in Spanish between some American countries than there are between some of them and Spain. Cuban Spanish, for example, is a lot closer to that of Spain than to the one in Argentina, and standard Spanish is pretty much the same everywhere. You need to get informed better before making such funny requests.

la paz está con usted

JC said:

la paz está con usted

You have to use subjunctive (esté); otherwise it would be a statement (I inform you that the peace is with you) instead of a wish (may the peace be with you).

Pisacaballo has given you a good answer on how it would say familiarly. If you want more polite, "usted" would be: "que la paz esté con usted". But the most commonly used form is "que la paz esté contigo".

We should point out that if the speaker is addressing two or more people ("you" can be plural), it would be "Que la paz esté con ustedes (or vosotros)."

Lazarus, Shelly has been on the forum for a while, and she's probably seen a number of discussions where Latin-American usage differed from the usage in Spain. It might be better to point out, kindly, that in a formal setting like the saying of mass, the usage would be the same.

lazarus1907 said:

'latin american form only please'

>