Dental terms in Spanish | SpanishDict Answers

I am looking for someone who can teach me some basic Spanish Dental terms. I will be working in an emergency dental clinic in Guatemala and have only very beginner Espanol lessons.
How do I say -"Are you having pain '" "Open your mouth" " We will pull your tooth out to stop the pain and infection" "Do not be afraid"

"Tú" version / "usted" version:

Are you having pain ? - ¿Te duele? / ¿Le duele?
Open your mouth - Abre la boca. / Abra la boca.
We will pull your tooth out to stop the pain and infection / Te sacaremos la muela para para el dolor y la infección. / Le sacaremos la muela para para el dolor y la infección.
Do not be afraid - No te preocupes. / No se preocupe.

Thank you. Do I understand correctly that "usted" means you ? When and why is "Tu" used ? Yes, I am a beginner..

Char said:

HI char, the usted form is the polite form, probably best used by you as you are a dentist.
Tú is sued when you are on friendly terms with the person.

la muela para parar el dolor y la infección.

Lazarus had a small spelling mistake here. I am correcting this for your sake.

Thank you. Can you please tell me exactly what each word is in this Phrase "Le sacaremos la muela para parar el dolor y la infeccion."

One you didn't ask for: "Stick out your tongue." = "Saque la lengua."

I mention this because about a year ago a dentist (she was from India but perhaps she studied dentistry in Spain) told me to "take out my tongue". I told her that this would be difficult because it was firmly attached at the back of my mouth but that I would be willing to stick it out if that would help. For some reason, she didn't find the exchange nearly as funny as I.

Char said:

Literally:

We will pull your tooth to stop the pain and the infection.

Le sacaremos la muela para parar el dolor y la infeccion
to you (we) will pull the tooth to stop ....

As you can see the structure is different in Spanish.

If you can think of more sentences , just post them here.

lazarus1907 said:

Am I safe in thinking that you said "muela" because molars are the teeth most likely to be extracted'

Samdie, Sorry the dentist did not think your attached comment was funny. In my office I tell my patients to stick their tongue out at me, and that they only get one chance to ever do that. Most think it is funny, so I thought your comment was funny, but maybe the foreign dentist thought you were being disrepectful of the language differences ''''?

samdie said:

lazarus1907 said:

Am I safe in thinking that you said "muela" because molars are the teeth most likely to be extracted?

>

samdie said:

>

lazarus1907 said:

I made an assumption here. For some reason, in Spain we don't usually call all our teeth "dientes"; we all differentiate between front teeth, fangs, and molar teeth.
Pretty much what I had thought but wanted to check, nonetheless.

P.S. "fangs" are for animals and vampires. For people we would say "canines" or "eye-teeth".

lazarus1907 said:

"Tú" version / "usted" version:Are you having pain ? - ¿Te duele? / ¿Le duele'Open your mouth - Abre la boca. / Abra la boca.We will pull your tooth out to stop the pain and infection / Te sacaremos la muela para para el dolor y la infección. / Le sacaremos la muela para para el dolor y la infección.Do not be afraid - No te preocupes. / No se preocupe.

Para para. Is this a simple typing error and should it be para parar

Sorry, just noticed that Heidita has already corrected it above.

So what is the Spanish word used for front teeth, as you called them fangs, we call them incisors in the dental world. But how would I say we will pull your front tooth out?

lazarus1907 said:

samdie said:

>