My girlfriend has a Spanish keyboard layout on her laptop and her only options to use the @ symbol are to copy and paste or switch to the English layout. I tried Alt+64 but that doesn't work.

Alt keys only seem to work when you have a number pad.

On the Mexican keyboard, it is the Q key, while holding down right-hand Alt key.

• Thank you, that worked for me. Somehow I got my American keyboard into Mexican mode when I was trying to set it up for my hispanic husband and I can not figure out how to undo it! - ArmyMustang Sep 16, 2009 flag
  • This is just what I wanted to know also. - Oles Mar 27, 2013 flag

On the Spanish keyboard it is by holding down control+alt keys together and at the same time pressing the number 2 key.

• Yes it works. Thank you. - Oles Mar 27, 2013 flag
  • Just to try: @@@@@ - Oles Mar 27, 2013 flag

On my laptop it's shift + 2, and that seems to be the norm in the (Mex) internet cafés here too.

There is an @ symbol on the 2, but it's tertiary. It only works in the English keyboard layout mode.

I will try Eddy's solution though and report back wink

Thanks!

Mz Badger said:

>

Difster said:

Thanks!

Mz Badger said:

I have an English keyboard set to Spanish operation and it is definitely as I have stated.

...on mine it's (hold down)Alt Gr and type 2

You can find a picture of a Spanish keyboard layout at several web sites. Here is one: http://www.wesleyan.edu/CTWMellon/graphics/spankey.jpg

I have set that picture as the background for my Windows XP desktop so that I can see where the symbols are when typing with the Spanish (International Sort) language setting. Shouldn't that be the equivalent of having a Spanish keyboard?

You can see from the picture that the @ symbol is invoked by pressing "alt" and then the "2" key, which, by the way, is what I just did to create the @ here in this reply. (and there I did it againgrin

Keep in mind that there is more than one layout for Spanish keyboards. The IME I use is for Mexican Spanish.

None of the above suggestions worked on my gf's keyboard. I guess there is some other technical issue. It works on the PC at her office (full keyboard) but not her laptop.

tad said:

..like on mine.

It's simple if

you are on english keyboard on a MAC

try alt/option key and then G

et voila!!