0

How do you say "You are very beautiful" to a women in spanish'

1

Marco said:

I would like to know if there is any difference when you use different words to express the same meaning.

I know that there are several different level of the ways when you express something romantic in Spanish.

Since we mentioned three words: bello(a), hermoso(a) and precioso(a), is there any difference between these words? Which one is the highest level of romance?
Since your "page" states that you native language s "other" (and since I don't speak "other"), I'll make reference mostly to English terms.

But for Spanish, there are also "guapa", "linda", "atractiva", "estupenda", "encantadora", et al.

Similarly in English, one could use pretty,beautiful, gorgeous, striking, stunning, attractive, handsome (as my father liked to say), hottie (as my daughter likes to say). The hierocracy is difficult to define (in fact, I think it depends of the speaker).

• Nov 12, 2008
  • Yes, I think it depends on the speaker too. And the real trick of course, is for the speaker to correctly guess how a given phrase will be perceived by the listener. This is multi-variate calculus at its toughest! - rogspax Jan 6, 2013
0

Eres muy bella. Se omite TU.

• Nov 12, 2008
0

"Eres muy hermosa" = "You are very beautiful".

This was the first sentence that I was taught. :D

Marco

• Nov 12, 2008
0

Also: Eres preciosa.

• Nov 12, 2008
0

lazarus1907 said:

Also: Eres preciosa.

Hi lazarus,

Hopefully my question makes sence for you.

Thank you,

Marco

• Nov 12, 2008
0

estás or eres - which one do you use to say 'you are'?

• Jan 5, 2013
  • In this case, use eres. If you say estás, that would imply that you are attractive today, but not as a general description. - Noetol Jan 5, 2013
  • Yes, that can be a minefield. Señorita, estás aburrida? vs Señorita, eres aburrida? - rogspax Jan 6, 2013