0

I am translating this letter of conduct for a friend from Venezuela. I am wondering if i am doing it right because i have never translated this type of document before.
I want to see a letter of good conduct in English

1

The Police Department provides these in Argentina. They are called "certificado de buena conducta". I guess the closest thing is a background check.

• Sep 26, 2008
0

Do you mean a letter of reference? or something like a background check? Maybe I'm just not familiar with the concept, but it's not clear to me what you're asking. It might help if you posted more of what you're translating.

• Sep 24, 2008
0

it is a letter from the police saying that you do not have a criminal record. I was actually looking for a sample letter in English so that i can compare. I will try to see what i can post since the information is private.

• Sep 26, 2008
0

The equivalent doesn't exist here (Missouri). I would suggest you post the non-identifying parts of the letter.

• Sep 26, 2008
0

A letter like this is a standard requirement for obtaining a permanent residency visa in many (most/all') Latin American countries. You might have success asking at a consulate or, even, a central police station in a large city. If they've been asked to provide them in the past they may have some kind of standard form.

• Sep 26, 2008
0

samdie said:

But wouldn't it be in Spanish (or Portuguese)'

• Sep 26, 2008
0

Natasha said: "But wouldn't it be in Spanish (or Portuguese)'"
American police being, well, American police, I would assume that they would supply something in English. I have been given to understand that consulates are prepared to provide "authorized translations" of various kinds of documents (probably for some sort of fee).

• Sep 26, 2008
0

Tracy, if I understand correctly, you have a letter of good conduct from Venezuela. You want to translate it into English, but you want to make sure you are using the correct formality of the language. If that's the case, your best bet would probably be to go to a police department and for a copy of a blank letter. I would think that most police departments have such a thing, since potential employers, Boy Scouts, some service organizations require such a reference from their new associates. I think the military even requires things like this.

• Sep 26, 2008
0

Please ignore my previous replies. Somehow I manage to not register the fact that he had a letter from Venezuela in hand .

• Sep 26, 2008
0

it's a "letter of no records"

• Nov 21, 2008
0

Carlos, you're posting on an old thread (look at the dates, almost two months ago). And "letter of no records" doesn't make sense in English, anyway.

Carlos said:

it's a "letter of no records"

>

• Nov 21, 2008