2

When I checked the dictionary, it told me that the infinitive verb form for "teach" is "enseñar". However, when I wanted to check the conjugated forms of "enseñar" in Conjugation on this site, it didn´t give me anything. I was wondering if "enseñar" is the infinitive form for "teach".
¿Por favor puede alguien ayudárme y decírmelo?

Muchas gracias de antemano,

Marco

• You should take a look at the hyperlink on "Rey_Mysterio's" post. It is really good! - jphip Mar 28, 2014
  • Hyperlinks I should say- there are two. - jphip Mar 28, 2014

2

It is enseñar.

Enseño, enseñas, enseña,...
Enseñaba, enseñabas, enseñaba,...
Enseñé, enseñaste, enseñó,...

It is a regular verb, by the way: just add the usual endings for verbs in -ar to the root enseñ-, and you'll get the full perfect conjugation.

P.S. I've double-clicked on "enseñar", and there is a mistake in the conjugation. All ñ are missing!

• Aug 19, 2008
1

The verb is enseñar. You can also use other verbs to express the same idea. Depending on the context you could use mostrar which means to show. Ron Johnson | http://barrospizza.com/locations

• Mar 28, 2014
1

Te voy a enseñar como conjugar ese verbo, sale?

• Mar 28, 2014
0

thanks for the heads up! i've alerted our guy in charge of the conjugator and he's working on making sure it is included. however, if you look at the definition page for [url=http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/ense%C3%B1ar]enseñar[/url], you will find many of its conjugations at the bottom of the page, but the ñ are missing, so make sure you exchange all the regular N for ÿ. it must just be a glitch from when we updated the site. i'll let you know when it is completely repaired!
- paralee

• Aug 19, 2008
0

lazarus1907 said:

It is enseñar.Enseño, enseñas, enseña,...Enseñaba, enseñabas, enseñaba,...Enseñé, enseñaste, enseñó,...It is a regular verb, by the way: just add the usual endings for verbs in -ar to the root enseñ-, and you'll get the full perfect conjugation.P.S. I've double-clicked on "enseñar", and there is a mistake in the conjugation. All ñ are missing!

Thank you, lazarus for you help.
You are always the one of the most helpful people here.

Marco

• Aug 19, 2008
0

My pleasure, Marcos. Any time.

• Aug 19, 2008
0

lazarus1907 said:

My pleasure, Marcos. Any time.

Hi Lazarus, have an interesting questions here.
After I immigrated to the US, I met many Spanish speakers. After I introduced myself to them, it was very easy for them to call me "Marcos". I was wondering if it's hard to say "Marco" instead "Marcos".
It is not a serious question. I am just curious.

Thank you,

Marco

• Aug 19, 2008
0

It is not, actually. When I was younger I though that Marco was the only name of its kind (maybe because of the Japanese cartoon'), and one day someone told me that his name was "Marcos", and not "Marco". I found it weird (even though it is common), and I've always found it difficult to say "Marcos", hahaha. But maybe it is just me, of course, because most people add an S to the name almost instinctively.

A colleague of mine here in the UK is called Marcos, but I am aware of the two variants, so I don't have any problem with either now.

• Aug 19, 2008
0

You should hear my inlaws try to say my name - Mark. My mother in law calls me mal and my father in law calls me más. Pretty funny really.

• Aug 19, 2008
0

Click for "enseñar" conjugations

This covers them all! Hope this helps!

• Mar 28, 2014