quevo | SpanishDict Answers

what does quevo mean'

Eddy, I'm not directing this at you, but your sentence above is a good example of why English speakers have so much trouble with the subjunctive in Spanish. They often don't know how, or forget, to use it properly in English. And this is so pervasive that people who do use the English subjunctive properly are in a tiny minority.

It should be "If it were queso we could have provided an answer." This is a good example of hypothetically assuming something that isn't true. It isn't queso, but if it were...

Again, I'm only mentioning this because I think it helps people use the subjuntivo in Spanish.

Si fuera queso, te podríamos dar una respuesta.

I am afraid it comes from years of ignoring the subjunctive. Heavens, I am even saying "God saves the queen"

Oh, you don't have to convince me that the subjunctive is widely misused in English by native speakers. It seems to be on life-support. But I think it still serves a useful purpose in some cases, so I will continue using it.

• Let's face it English is widely misused by native speakers. - MaryMcc Nov 21, 2011 flag

Old post but, since I see no answer, I'll give one...

A contraction of "¿Que uvo?", used as slang as in English "What's happening?" Also a magazine popular in late '70s Bay Area CA.

Nothing, as far as I know. It's a surname. What is the context'

If it was queso we could have provided an answer.

I think that word not exist. The word it occured to me more similar is güevo (Huevo)=slang word, also Que va

James, as a matter of interest, look at this below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_It_Was_You

I also remember a song, I think it was by the pet shop boys, which stated "if I was you". No excuse I know but that is the way it appears to be going.

Is it also correct to say, "si fuera queso, te pudiéramos dar una respuesta."'

Yes, I believe that is also correct.

Not sure how it is supposed to be spelled. But in the context someone compared two cherry tomatos to grapefruit and quervos! Did understand what they were saying.

Then what would that mean? They used the word in comparison to two cherry tomatos and grapefruit. Didnt know if they were referring to breast or testicles.

Huevo is slang for testicle.
Que va means what rubbish, not as in a question but an exclamation.