2

Can someone please translate pulled pork into spanish for me. Need to put on a menu.

• I love that you have a whole host of reponses to this question and it seems that a number of them have never heard of pulled pork before! :) - actorgirl Mar 17, 2014

2

I guess shredded pork would be another way to say it in English. It is slow cooked and then pulled apart. Thanks for your input!

• May 16, 2008
1

What is pulled pork. I have never heard of it.

• May 16, 2008
  • Nor have I. Maybe it's a very tough casserole, later given tothe dogs, who pull it apart? - annierats Mar 17, 2014
  • Really? Maybe its just an American expression! It is a pork roast that is cooked often in bbq sauce and shredded and then eaten on a bun or bread as a sandwich, or just plain. at least that is the way we do it in MN. :) - actorgirl Mar 17, 2014
  • not expression, but food term or something? idk - actorgirl Mar 17, 2014
1

Eddy, it's an American thing. Come on over for a visit and try some!

Gustavo, isn't puerco pibil a type of pulled pork? I know that dish is popular in Mexico.

• May 16, 2008
  • pibil refers to the marinade. The meat is puerco deshebrado. - gringojrf Mar 17, 2014
  • I acutally just ate something recently called "Puerto Rican pulled pork." It was really good. - actorgirl Mar 17, 2014
0

Although I haven't heard the expression, a literal translation is "cerdo tirado"

• May 16, 2008
0

Gracias Gustavo
Desmenuzar - otra palabra nueva

• May 16, 2008
0

We are thiking of doing just that. The way our pound is plummetting against the Euro, it will be cheaper for us to go to America for a holiday.

• May 16, 2008
  • you definitely should come here!! - actorgirl Mar 17, 2014
0

If your itinerary includes the San Francisco area, let me know. We'll go out for some Mexican food y unas chelas. ¡Y aquí la cerveza se sirve bien fría!

• May 16, 2008
0

Y a ti, también, Gustavo, me gustaría conocerte en persona. Déjame saber si subes a San Francisco algún día, a fin de que nos encontremos. Y en cuanto a las chelas, ¡te invito la primera!

• May 16, 2008
0

This is what I was trying to come up with! desmenuzado! Thanks for all of your help. Joan

• May 16, 2008
0

In an article I just came across, there is a description of a Panamanean dish called ropa vieja. It says you take a cut of meat called falda and cook it with herbs. Then:

"Luego de la cocción la carne se desmecha y se guisa en caldo con..." In that sentence, "se desmecha" is translated as "pulled apart."

So, it appears that desmechar might be a word that could be used in the context of "pulled pork." Perhaps puerco desmechado? However, I did not find desmechar in SpanDict.

Then later, in the same article, the word "deshilachar" is used as an alternative to desmechar. It says you "deshilachar" the meat (the cut called la falda), and then add the "carne deshilachada" to the broth. In SpanDict, though, the word deshilachar is not exactly translated as pull apart, though such a translation does not seem necessarily inconsistent with the translation provided.

• Mar 17, 2014
0

According to this wikipedia article it seems to be referred to as cerdo desgarrado.

http://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulled_pork

hope that helps...

Mark.

0

In Mexico it would be puerco deshebrado. It is very common to see deshebrar used in this fashion.

• Mar 17, 2014