Hace muchos años que escucho Aventura, una banda que toca música en el estilo de bachata. Me gusta el ritmo del caribe. El año pasado, Romeo Santos, de Aventura, y Usher, un músico muy popular entre los jóvenes en los Estados Unidos, grabaron juntos una canción hermosa. (Ignore las ardillas listadas cuando comienza la canción.) He fijado un video con las letras porque el video de música es un poco inapropiado. (No mucho...)

Promise - Romeo Santos ft. Usher

I've listened to Aventura, a band that plays bachata style music, for many years. I like the Caribbean rhythm. Last year, Romeo Santos, of Aventura, and Usher, a very popular singer with teenagers in the U.S., recorded a song together that turned out beautiful. (Ignore the "chipmunks" at the beginning of the song.) I've posted a video with the lyrics because the music video is a little inappropriate. (Not too bad...)

• Who knew Usher could sing so well! Please correct my Spanish. Gracias. - rheit Oct 4, 2012 flag
  • What's your youtube channel? Mine is just islandfever. I'd like to see your playlist. Yeah, I promise I won't go and leave him without my love :) Great link! - island_fever Oct 4, 2012 flag
  • Oh, and I am not monetized, so I'm not soliticing "business". :) - island_fever Oct 4, 2012 flag
  • Island, I don't have a channel. I can send you a list of music I've compiled. I have to find "school appropriate" material, which is more difficult than one might think. After I find the song, I play it for my students to see their reaction. - rheit Oct 4, 2012 flag
  • muy popular "entre" los jóvenes. I did know how "ardilla listada" was chipmunk. Thank you! - francobollo Oct 4, 2012 flag

No estoy familiarizado con Romeo Santos, porque la bachata no es mi estilo, pero el simple hecho de que se trasciendan las fronteras del idioma y geográficas con una asociación músical entre Aventura y Usher me emociona muchísimo. ¡Gracias por compartir!

I am not familiar with Romeo Santos because bachata is not a music genre I gravitate towards. But the mere fact that a collaboration between Aventura and Usher can bridge language and geographical gaps makes me feel good. Thanks for sharing!

enter image description here

• Franco, what kind of music do you listen to? What's on your playlist? - rheit Oct 4, 2012 flag

I don't know whether or not I was clear in the comment. What I was trying to say is that I keep my channel public so anyone can have access to it. So, if you want to browse through it when you're at home, feel free to do so. I've got a bunch of Spanish stuff in there; music, cartoons, movies, video clips, etc. I'm not the best at keeping it updated, but I try. Here's the link for youtube.

Disclaimer: There may be some content that features adult situations (such as "Promises"), but there isn't anything in there that could be viewed as "hard core". If you get to a Playlist that says "Para Los Niños" or "Las Películas", it's definitely rated G. The music videos are what they are...

Have fun! And thanks so much for the link. I gave it a thumbs up, but put the official video in my playlist. I'm not too squeamish. I don't usually watch the videos anyhow; I'm there for the music if it's a music video.

• You'll have to copy and paste the "link" - island_fever Oct 4, 2012 flag
  • Not anymore! I fixed it for you. - francobollo Oct 4, 2012 flag
  • Island, I will peruse your channel. Thanks! I'm always on the lookout for more good music. Occasionally, it's the only thing about my class that a student likes! - rheit Oct 4, 2012 flag
  • Help yourself! I'm adding new stuff as the mood strikes me :) - island_fever Oct 5, 2012 flag