¿Hay una palabra española de la "karma"? | SpanishDict Answers

Is there a Spanish word that means the same as "karma"?

¿Hay una palabra española de la "karma"?

Actually, there is a word for karma in Spanish. Guess what....it is spelled exactly like the English spelling. ... but has a masculine article. ...el karma

Hope this helps...Viejito

• Hola viejito! Thanks a lot! I wonder why it's masculine? It's a man's world I guess. :-) - 0095ca4c May 31, 2012 flag
  • Magherite, remember that all nouns are either masculine or feminine in gender. Gender is not the same as sex in linquistics. - Jubilado May 31, 2012 flag

Carma. This is what I found, I hope it is correct. I also found this. destino

• Well, I found this on About.com. - rac1 May 31, 2012 flag
  • Thanks rac1! I couldn't find anything si it's a big help. - 0095ca4c May 31, 2012 flag
  • I meant so lol - 0095ca4c May 31, 2012 flag
  • Karma is related to the consequences of the action. In ancient Sanscrite it means literally action. According to Buddhism and Hinduism karma pre-determinates the destiny, but the two don't really overlap. - miliard May 31, 2012 flag
  • Thank you for that tidbit Miliard. The Buddhism and Hinduism version helps with something I'm in the middle of - 0095ca4c May 31, 2012 flag