Today write sentences with "break into " vs "break in" | SpanishDict Answers

Hello everyone. I think phrasal verbs are one of the most difficult to many English learners because most of them do not have a literal translation. So I have decided to learn one or two phrasal verbs every day. And I know you can help me with that, but you also need to learn Spanish, so please write the sentence in English using the PV then try it in Spanish. Then I will correct your sentence (the Spanish sentence, of course); we will help each other out. Let´s see a couple of examples to today´s phrasal verb.

1.-The robbers broke into the bank during the night.

Los ladrones irrumpieron (to get into using the force)en el banco durante la noche .

2.-When the teacher was explaining the lesson one student broke in with a stupid remark .

Cuando el profesor estaba explicando la clase un estudiante interrumpió con un comentario indebido.

• Sometimes I don`t know when to use" break into" or "break in". - luisssito May 26, 2012 flag
  • those robbers are jedis, huh? - Himself12794 May 26, 2012 flag

I have to break in these new shoes before I go on a hike.

Debo amoldar que domar estos zapatos nuevos antes de que me vaya a pasear.

• Good use of break in, more common than the 'to interrupt' usage, - afowen May 26, 2012 flag
  • Excellent! - --Mariana-- May 26, 2012 flag
  • Thanks Katy..Debo amoldar estos zapatos antes de que me vaya a pasear. - luisssito May 26, 2012 flag
  • You can use "domar" when you want to break in a horse . - luisssito May 26, 2012 flag
  • Thanks Luis. - katydew May 26, 2012 flag

There was a break in last night (when the robbers broke into the bank). Just to mix it up a bit...

To be fair, to break in is mostly used with the same meaning as to break into. To break in, as in to interrupt is hardly used, at least in my experience of English...

• These kinds of explanations are very helpful because maybe we are saying something that is not often used in daily conversations.Thanks! - Juliss May 26, 2012 flag
  • Yes Jullis ,thanks a lot afowen . - luisssito May 26, 2012 flag
  • I didn`t know "break in"is also used as a noun . - luisssito May 26, 2012 flag

He broke into the vault at the local bank.

Él irrumpió en la bóveda en el banco local.

He can break into any house with ease.

Él puede entrar en cualquier casa con facilidad.

Phrasal verbs

This is really a good reference

When I saw one of my favorite singers, I broke into a run to ask him for his autograph.

Cuando vi a uno de mis cantantes favoritos empecé a correr para pedirle su autógrafo.

It's not easy to break into the White House

No es fácil romper a la Casa Blanca.

• No es facil allanar la Casa Blanca - profeazul May 27, 2012 flag

What's up Luis. I have a link you may like to check out: Phrasal Verbs List

I'd rather say: When the teacher was explaining the lesson, a student blurted out a stupid remark.

Yo diría: Cuando el maestro estaba explicando la clase (lección?), un estudiante dejó escapar un comentario tonto.

• fantastic!!!! - luisssito May 26, 2012 flag
  • thanks a lot ,there are many phrasal verbs ,I have to post phrasal verbs that start wiht "a" - luisssito May 26, 2012 flag

The special report broke into the regular programming.

La noticia especial interrumpió el programa normal.

• La noticia especial interrumpió la normal programación. - luisssito May 26, 2012 flag

Mi tentativa en español:

-- 1. "Para amoldar en" puede significar para aflojar o suavizar.

El cuero rígido se puede amoldar mediante el uso en los dientes y masticando el cuero para suavizarlo.

-- 2. Para "entrar en" puede significar entrar en un ámbito de actividad.

Luissito está estudiando la medicina y él espera de entrar en el ámbito médico.

-- 1. “To break in” can mean to loosen or soften.

Stiff leather can be broken in by using the teeth and chewing the leather to soften it.

-- 2. To “break into” can mean to enter a field of activity.

Luissito is studying medicine and hopes to break into the medical field.