× THIS POST IS CLOSED.

Hola mis amigos,

Two big issues have come to my attention recently and I wanted to offer some reassurance to those who are curious.

We currently have a business or group obnoxiously trying to promote their stuff here on our site by posting messages at random on peoples questions. The users are being banned and we (the Moderators and Staff) are working hard to eliminate the issue completely ASAP. At the time I'm posting this thread they seem to be taking another break. The pattern seems they create a few accounts, blast a bunch of questions and after all of them are banned they give up for the day. I'll update as necessary in this thread on the issue. grin

A second threat has entered our cross hairs. It's a particular person in this case who has been known to have multiple personalities (and usernames) and preys on the kindness of others becoming verbally abusive and making threats to embarrass the targets when they no longer serve his intended purpose here on the site. He's most commonly known by his alleged real name Omar, but, has entered the forum through the following names: os_amo, je_suis_ici, akon_uno, and unfortunantly i'm the list goes on. wink We're monitoring this activity and stopping it as soon as we see the issue lurking around. I want to remind everyone that one of our biggest rules here is respect each other. Our goal here is to help you learn English and Spanish while keeping it fun and friendly (family-friendly at that). If you're ever harassed and/ or abused by another member, please screenshot the evidence and report it immediately to a Moderator or Staff member via the feedback tab or directly through PM so we can help protect you and everyone's learning environment.

I, and the other Moderators and Staff, will continue to keep a close eye on these and any other future inconveniences and end it quickly each time to help keep your learning experience efficient and fun as it's supposed to be. On the happy side of things, I've just been informed some awesome improvements are due to come to our lessons. I don't want to be a spoiler so you'll have to stick around and see. raspberry ¡Que tengan un buen día, tarde, o noche! Where ever you are in the world, and buenas suerte in your learning process. grin

Tu Amigo,

DJ Huero ((( d(-_-)b )))

• Gracias, DJ :) - Cordobesa Apr 11, 2012 flag
  • De nada amiga, and thanks for your amazing assistance I always see you provide to everyone here in corrections. =] - DJ_Huero Apr 11, 2012 flag
  • Thank you. As a new user, I appreciate that the moderators are looking out for us. - joeblaine Apr 12, 2012 flag
  • The spamer/spamers send me a PM which annoyed me.Send PM to Martha. - faliron Apr 12, 2012 flag
  • Thanks faliron, I know Martha will get on that ASAP. If you (or anyone) needs help with similar situations, please feel free to PM me as well. =] - DJ_Huero Apr 12, 2012 flag
[Additional commenting is closed on this post]

Thanx DJ - what a shame, if the site is not for them, fair enough, but wasting their time posting negative or derrogative material is very sad.

Hopefully with time they'll lose interest or perhaps have a pang of conscience and decide to put their efforts into more positive endeavours, to their own and everyone else's benefit. Here's hoping! smile

enter image description here

• ¡Muy bien dicho amiga! I love the poem and photo. =] - DJ_Huero Apr 11, 2012 flag
  • :) - Kiwi-Girl Apr 11, 2012 flag
  • Estoy de acuerdo contigo. Espero que se cansen.. - annierats Apr 12, 2012 flag

Also old posts seem to be making their way into the Hot category without any activity having occurred in the thread. I have seen many of these today. I carefully look for the update or edit or a vote or something that would cause the status change to bump these posts to the top of the Hot Topics but there is nothing. Perhaps this is a programming bug, perhaps not.

• thats true - Rey_Mysterio Apr 11, 2012 flag
  • I can assure you it is not a programming bug - martha-sd Apr 11, 2012 flag
  • Hey gringo, unfortunantly that's the result of these people posting in random threads. I haven't personally analyzed the posts they post in to see if it has a pattern there. However they end up in some of those old posts and when we delete the post it... - DJ_Huero Apr 11, 2012 flag
  • I think what happens here, gringo, is that some spammy jamoke posts on the thread but then the spam post gets deleted. - SonrisaDelSo Apr 11, 2012 flag
  • leaves the old post up in the new area. =\ - DJ_Huero Apr 11, 2012 flag

Thank you so much, Huero!! Get 'em down, amigo! Hit 'em where it hurts.... grrrr

For real. Thanks for standing up for us amigo. You are an awesome guy and an awesome friend. =]

And btw, he goes by the name of "johnny" too.

enter image description here

• Gracias Rosita... siempre es un placer platicando contigo. =] - DJ_Huero Apr 12, 2012 flag

looks too big to read

Muchas gracias, DJ. Thank you for the update. Keep at it!

I'm sending you some nourishment to keep you going.

enter image description here

• What is that!?! It looks reeeeeally good... for real I want some jaja. =\ - DJ_Huero Apr 12, 2012 flag
  • Bizcocho sueco .. ¿Te gusta? - annierats Apr 12, 2012 flag
  • Nunca le he probado, pero me inspiraste a buscar una panadería de sueco ahora. jejeje - DJ_Huero Apr 12, 2012 flag

THIS POST IS CLOSED.
It may not be voted on, answered, or commented on. It may only be edited by moderators.