Música Ranchera de México - Shaila and Rocio Dúrcal | SpanishDict Answers

Here is a link to one of my favorite Mexicana singers. I hope you enjoy it.

Shaila Dúrcal - Convenceme

• Gringo, thanks for sharing. Did you know they have a station on Pandora that is for Mariachi bands? - martha-sd Mar 7, 2012 flag
  • No I did not. Thanks'. - gringojrf Mar 7, 2012 flag
  • who else you listen to? - Rey_Mysterio Mar 7, 2012 flag
  • I listen to music in Spanish almost exclusively. I found Shaila becasue I started listening toher mother, Rocio Dúrcal. - gringojrf Mar 7, 2012 flag
  • I also like Ana Gabriel, Julieta Venegas, Jenni Rivera, and Myriam Hernández of Chile. - gringojrf Mar 7, 2012 flag

Hey...fabulous!

Thanks for sharing.

Great singer! Have you heard her signature song?

Amor Eterno

• Rocio Dúrcal is Shaila's mother. Rocio passed away in 2006. Yes, I listen to a lot of her music. That is how I discovered Shaila. - gringojrf Mar 7, 2012 flag
  • Sorry gringojrf! I misread your first post! I do that a lot lately! - Don_José Mar 7, 2012 flag
  • I bet not as often as I do. Both Rocio and Shaila are great singers. - gringojrf Mar 7, 2012 flag

Muchas gracias, Gringojrf. Shaila tiene una voz preciosa. A mí siempre me ha gustado Vuélvete la luna.

• S'i ella tiene un voz preciosa. Me gustan muchas de canciones de ella. Especialmente El Dia Que Me Fui. - gringojrf Mar 8, 2012 flag

Here is another of my favorite songs by Shaila Dúrcal. I hope you enjoy it. Also Cordobesa posted yet another great song by Shaila in her post. Check it out as well.

El Día Que Me Fui

And while we are at it. Let's look as Shaila's roots. Her mother Rocio Dúrcal was a famous singer in Mexico for many years before she passed on in 2006. Don_José posted one of her songs in his post above. Take a listen to it and to this one as well.

Para Toda La Vida

And here is another from Shaila.

dos coronas a mi madre

I thought I would bump all of these music threads up for the new members to see. I hope I don't get in trouble for this.

This grouip is cool

Rocio Durcal in fact was a Spaniard although she sang a lot of songs written for her by the great Mexican Juan Gabriel