Escribir acentos en un teclado | SpanishDict Answers

Sé como escribir estos acentos: áéíóú, pero cómo escribir "n~"..?

Gracias,
Martyn.

• preciona Alt+164 = ñ - lucySA Sep 25, 2009 flag
  • Una nota: No se necesita "como" después de "sé". "Saber + infinitivo" es un perífrasis que significa "to know how to + infinitve." Entonces, "Sé escribir" está bien. - Nick-Cortina Sep 25, 2009 flag

Dear Gustavo, (assuming you are using Windows and a standard keyboard)
Do this!
1. Go to the Control Panel,
2. Open "Regional and Language Options,"
3. Click "Keyboards and Languages" tab,
4. Click "Change Keyboards,"
5. Select "Spanish (Urugray)" from dropdown menu for the Language
6. Select "United States - International" for the keyboard
' Note that you can have multiple configurations. Windows will give you a language bar which shows in the task bar (at the bottom of the screen); it will indicate the active language [EN = English; ES = Español, etc]. Also NOTE this solution is served by the operating system--not program dependant; it will work in Chats, Word Docs, email, and 'anything else? running under the operating system (Windows).
I usually just allow mine to stay in ES mode, but by clicking the symbol in the language bar, I can change it instantly back to EN mode.
Examples of usage in ES mode:
1. If I click a,e,i,o,u keys, I get a,e,i,o,u
2. If I click (single apostrophe [']) nothing appears to happen; but then click a,e,i,o,u and I will get á,é,í,ó,ú
3. You can get ü by clicking the (double apostrophe ["] followed by u
4. Look for the ~ symbol on your keyboard: click ~ followed by 'n? yields ñ

1. [Cntrl + Alt + '] yields ¿

2. I have not discovered a ''key'? combination for the ¡ (inverted exclamation mark). But if you simply create a shortcut to character map [charmap], you can simply copy it ? then paste it when you need it.

'NOTE: If you are in Microsoft WORD and WORD 'knows? that you are in Spanish (look at the bar on the bottom of the Word document which indicates the language), then WORD will generate the [¡, ¿] characters automatically if when you click the [!,'] keys the location to receive the character is preceded by a space.

The ! key usually works like this: If at the beginning of a document or preceded by a space you will get '¡'; if preceded by non-space, you get '!'

• Thanks for #3 above. Have a vote. - ian-hill Sep 25, 2009 flag

Es muy fácil con un ordenador Macintosh. Quando quiero escribir la ñ, pulso las teclas "Option" y "n", y entonces pulso "n". Para pulsar los otros, é = opción+"e", "e"; á = opción+"e", "a"; í = opción+"e", "i"; ó = opción+"e", "o"; ú = opción+"e", "u".

It's easy with a Mac. When I want to type an ñ, I press option-N and then "n". To type the others: é = Option-E "e"; á = Option-E "a"; í = Option-E "i"; ó = Option-E "o"; ú = Option-E "u".

Hola, para escribir la ñ, necesitas un teclado que se vende en España, ya que somos quién más la utilizamos, lo mismo ocurre con los acentos

• No!!! There are various software solutions the remap the keyboard to accomodate other languages. - samdie Aug 2, 2010 flag

Si me quieres escribir 'á', pulsar la tecla 'ctrl' y 'alt' teclas mientras la prensa 'a' clave, pero esto no funciona con la 'n' clave.

If I want to write 'á', I hold down the 'ctrl' key and the 'alt' key while I press the 'a' key, but this doesn't work with the 'n' key.

on my old computer I just pressed right alt n, on the computer I'm using, I press right alt semi colon for ñ
It seems computers react differently. Just try each key & you'll discover it. I still haven't figured out how to get the diéresis the over the u, on my old computer it was right alt y.

• And I still haven't figured out how to get the diéresis the over the u. - ian-hill Sep 25, 2009 flag

It depends on the program you have on your pc, I have windows 2000 and it's as follows:

press and hold 'alt' and press on the numbers keyboard: 0241 for ñ
0225 for á
0233 for é
0237 for í
0243 for ó
0250 for ú

ñ - Estupendo!

Gracias,
Martyn.

Hello there.
When i am writting in Microsoft word I just make click in "Insert" then in "Symbol" and finally when appear all the single letter or symbol I look for the "ñ" ( like just now ), click over it and then click in "insert". That's all.
In fact I have to do this always because in China they do not have neither acentos nor ñ.

I hope this help you.

Rebeca

My experience has been fortunate so far in that every Mac since the 1980s has had the same consistent method of entering foreign accents through five generations of computer operating systems.

Basically, you type the key for the accent, and then you type the letter to be accented.

The accent keys are as follows:
The tilde, as in Spanish año, is Option-N.
The ring, as in Swedish ångström, is Option-A.
The acute, as in Spanish olé, is Option-E.
The circumflex, as in Italian principî, is Option-I.
The null, as in Danish søster, is Option-O.
The umlaut, as in German für, is Option-U.
The cedilla, as in French ça, is Option-C.
The grave accent, as in the backquote character `, is Option-`.
The inverted punctuation marks ¡ and ¿ are Option-! and Option-'.

As you can see, they are intuitive to learn. With these, you can mix and match just about every accent mark on the letters that commonly use them in the Roman alphabets. No need to memorize numeric codes. An umlaut on an O is simply Option-U o: ö. An acute mark on a capital A and on a lowercase A is simply Option-E A and Option-E a: Áá.

C'est ça, le pâté, mon élève. Natürlich. ¿ÿl es facil para tí? ¡Sí, niño, y que será, será!

Microsoft Word has a system similar to Macintosh, but it's only within Word, whereas on a Mac it's everywhere.

For Windows, see the website "Keyboard Help: Typing International Accent Marks and Diacritics" (http://www.starr.net/is/type/kbh.html)

Dear Martyn,

Simulate Spanish Keyboard (assuming you are using Windows and a standard keyboard)

Do this!

1. Go to the Control Panel,
  3. Click "Keyboards and Languages" tab,
  4. Click "Change Keyboards,"
    Examples of usage in ES mode:
  7. If I click a,e,i,o,u keys, I get a,e,i,o,u
  8. If I click (single apostrophe [']) nothing appears to happen; but then click a,e,i,o,u and I will get á,é,í,ó,ú
  9. You can get ü by clicking the (double apostrophe ["] followed by u
  10. Look for the ~ symbol on your keyboard: click ~ followed by 'n? yields ñ

11. [Cntrl + Alt + '] yields ¿

12. I have not discovered a ''key'? combination for the ¡ (inverted exclamation mark). But if you simply create a shortcut to character map [charmap], you can simply copy it ? then paste it when you need it.

para poner la ñ oprimes la clave alt y el no. 165 y el 164 para la minuscula y para malluscula

oprime Alt+164 = ñ

[Cntrl + Alt + '] yields ¿

I have not discovered a ''key'? combination for the ¡ (inverted exclamation mark). But if you simply create a shortcut to character map [charmap], you can simply copy it ? then paste it when you need it.

If you are using the US International keyboard you should get:

1. [Cntrl+ALt+/]=¿ (the / is also the ? key)
  2. [Cntrl+Alt+1]=¡ (the 1 is also the ! key)

Para Mac OS X:

• Los acentos se escriben presionando al mismo tipo las teclas option E, y luego la letra. Ejemplo: para escribir á, hay que presionar option E + a.

• Para escribir acentos en mayúsculas, hay que mantener presionado shift junto con la letra: por ejemplo, para escribir Á, hay que presionar option E + shift A

• Para escribir la ñ, hay que presionar al mismo tiempo option N, y luego hay que apretar la tecla N. Para mayúsculas, hay que agregar el shift a la letra.

Ojalá ésta información les sea de utilidad!!

Hi mjudic

This post is over 2 years old. I think the original poster may well have worked something out by now.