8

Never mind.

It seems I was mistaken.

• have a vote, nobody votes newbies any more ::.sigh::: - 00494d19 Feb 15, 2012
  • I give you a vote too....just for fun. - MarkBaker2 Feb 15, 2012
  • and you were right, they dont' care;) - 00494d19 Feb 15, 2012
  • wow... thanks. - 00cdfbd9 Feb 15, 2012
  • don't vote for me if you don't mean it. - 00cdfbd9 Feb 15, 2012

6

Another one who just doesn't get it. There is no draw to the site for me and most of those who left. This isn't a strike, we've all just gone elsewhere and are doing just fine thank you.

• Feb 15, 2012
  • So why are you still posting? - jclove Feb 15, 2012
  • jclove, I'm probably speaking out of turn but yesero is a respected member of this community and if he is lurking and wants to post....he can. :) - Jason7R Feb 15, 2012
  • You don't have a need to know! Yeser is a great friend. G - 0043ad50 Feb 15, 2012
  • Well said Marshall - Jason7R Feb 16, 2012
7

I'm not leaving to teach anyone a lesson. There's just less reason to spend my time here, when other sites on the web can teach me the same things without the frustration of a broken web service and the reminder of what went wrong.

Believe me, if this site was still worth visiting for me, I wouldn't be searching (and finding) other ways to complete my experience.

• Feb 15, 2012
  • hiya, can you tell me the websites please??? :) x - Boo32 Feb 15, 2012
  • Now theres a thing and if Pesta complies what's the betting it will be deleted! - caza Feb 15, 2012
  • I use Google. You can find anything using Google. - pesta Feb 15, 2012
  • By the way, SpanishDict's old reference library had lots of external links to learning resources. That was before they had reason to be defensive about people looking elsewhere. - pesta Feb 15, 2012
  • Look here: http://www.spanishdict.com/answers/170484/learning-resources - pesta Feb 15, 2012
7

Hi, KatRJ!

What problem are you speaking about? Mod members? Hmm... I think you missed something. No member is a mod now.

We are not on strike. just moving on. SD is not the place for us to be any more. Join the lifeboat before it's too late. PM is still working, I believe.

• Feb 15, 2012
  • join what lifeboat? is SD gonna stop functioning just cause a few people leave? i doubt it. - abayarde Feb 15, 2012
  • Not a few people, abayarde. T H E people. - cogumela Feb 15, 2012
  • @ abayarde - they might stop coming if you stay much longer . - ian-hill Feb 15, 2012
7

I think I did miss something...

Thanks guys.

• Feb 15, 2012
  • Like Cogu said PM is still working;) - Yeser007 Feb 15, 2012
  • I don't think I have enough rep to do that yet. - 00cdfbd9 Feb 15, 2012
  • Yes, you do now - sanlee Feb 15, 2012
  • Thanks. - 00cdfbd9 Feb 26, 2012
5

Hi KatRJ

This is not a strike, or people being disruptive. In fact, just yesterday Heidita stepped in to stop a thread that could have been deemed as disruptive or counter productive to Spanishdict. In the past she has deleted some of my pictures, posts, sent me pm's telling me off for my behaviour etc. I didn't always agree with Heidita lol but boy as that girl got class and dignity! She has my total respect.

Ok, now back to your point. Spanishdict was a fantastic site and, in my opinion, what made it that way was the people. The site owners have every right to run the site how they wish. If they decide that the direction is X and the rules are a b c etc then people either go along with and embrace it or taken themselves elsewhere.

My motive is to learn Spanish. I have learnt sooooo much on here by having fun and passing the time of day with some wonderful people in the process.

I wish the people who remain here (and the site itself) every success, honestly I do. I will still browse from time to time, but doubt very much that I will actively participate - because quite frankly, I can't see what there will be to participate in!

• Feb 15, 2012
  • Hi - has anyone else noticed how many new members have suddenly appeared? Have they been kept in the wings waiting!! - caza Feb 15, 2012
  • That's not possible. Nobody is "kept waiting". - pesta Feb 15, 2012
  • but boy as that girl got class and dignity! She has my total respect.-we did have our differences, thanks a lot, billy, I am not a "grass eater", jeje, that seems to be the problem;) - 00494d19 Feb 15, 2012
  • My sarcastic wit Pesta I'm afraid - of course no-one is kept waiting! - caza Feb 15, 2012
  • Funny, caza. Thanks. - pesta Feb 15, 2012
2

Era un niño...When I was a young boy I was driving a tractor at night trying to finish a job and one of the back wheels came off. I shut off the tractor and got half way to the house then went back to look again because I just could not believe that it had happened. Same here, I keep coming back to pick through the bones to see if there is anything left...Qué lástima...

2

I am hoping that things will progress towards the type of site that was more interactive in time.

For purely selfish reasons ,I feel that I learn better when I interact, but as many of you have said; if the site doesn't work for you anymore....what's the point?

• Feb 15, 2012
  • hey raider!! You never know, perhaps 'word of the day' and all those other fun posts will re-appear................somewhere else ;-) stay cool - billygoat Feb 15, 2012
  • Gracias goat. You too:) - Jraider Feb 15, 2012
6

abayarde

Nice see your "empty" profile amigo. One person had a genuine grievance with the management and decided not to partake in the daily happenings on this site.

No one got "the chop" - welcome back to SD - I remember the nasty PMs you sent me.