Saber/ Conocer: | SpanishDict Answers

My homework says- Eugenia ___ mi amiga Frances. (I put conoce). El sobrino de Rosa ____ leer y escribir. ( I put saben). José y Laura ____ la ciudad de Barcelona. ( I put conocer) Nosotros no ___llegar a la residencia estudiantil.( I put conocemos) What have I done wrong? I really don't understand! Please help! Thanks.(:

It looks like you understand the distinction between saber = to have knowledge of something versus conocer = to be acquainted with.

Next you need to review the verb endings for these two verbs. Remember, the verb ending changes so that it agrees with the subject:

conozco, conoces, conoce, conocemos, conocéis, conocen

sé, sabes, sabe, sabemos, sabéis, saben

Well the first is: "conoce a "

Two is: "Sabe"

3: conocen

4: it's ok

=)

• Oh! That makes more sense too! Ha, thank you, I mean gracias.(: - callienicole Feb 8, 2012 flag

Eugenia conoce mi amiga Frances. El sobrino de Rosa sabe leer y escribir. José y Laura conocen la ciudad de Barcelona. Nosotros no sabemos llegar a la residencia estudiantil

• Saber = To know, to have knowledge of, to know how to do...
  • Conocer = To be familiar with or acquainted as in a person or place. Also means "to meet" when you met someone for the first time.
  • Para usar "conocer" como "to meet" ¿hay que usar el preterito? = conoci. In order to use "conocer" as "to meet", must one use the preterit? La conoci en la escuela. = I met her (for the first time) at school. Is this correct? - xocoyote Feb 8, 2012 flag
  • No necesariamente. Se puede usar en todas las conjugaciones. Yo lo conosco, la conoceré, la conocía. Tú lo conociste, lo conocías, etc. - farallon7 Feb 9, 2012 flag