I understand when to use SER and ESTAR. But how would someone explain when to use TENER when it naturally translates as "to be" in English with certain feelings/conditions like "tener frio" "tener calor" "tener miedo" "tener sueno" "tener hambre" "tener sed". (If there's a thread like this already, I apologize. I couldn't find it)

Technically these can be considered idiomatic expressions because, even though, they literally say "to have" hunger, its meaning is "to be" hungry. The main difference is e.g. Tengo hambre is a verb+noun. I am hungry is a verb+adjective.

They are similar in construction to the Hacer+noun constructions for describing the weather. Hace frío, llueve, está nublado. Hace+noun or Estar+adjective.

Unfortunately, you will find no "rule" telling you when a idiomatic verb+noun paraphrasis is to be used and when the verb+ adjective is to be used. They must be learned through familiarity.